Today things are much better. Last night Addison calmed down pretty quickly. She slept very well last night and only woke up three times but was easily comforted and went right back to sleep. We gave her a bath this morning and she surprisingly really liked it! I am having a hard time trying to find the right bottle and consistency of formula. She has taken some from the bottle but I have also had to spoon feed her. Our guide tells us that a lot of babies (even those without cl/cp) don't eat well the first few days.
Earlier this morning we went to the Civil Affairs Office and completed the adoption. Addison is officially ours! Her personality is starting to come out. She is very curious and loves to look around. She has been walking more - we just need to get her some shoes:-) This afternoon I laid down with her on the bed so she could fall asleep for her nap. I had her laying down next to me, but she wanted to be closer to me --- so she climbed up and laid on the top of my head and before long she was fast asleep. It is wonderful that she is getting comfortable with me She has even laughed and smiled quite a bit.
Renee and my mom seem to be having a good time as well. All three of us have a hard time believing that we are actually in China. Enjoy the picks and I will update more tomorrow. thank you for all the kind comments!
That is wonderful news! It sounds like she is settling in well. We are excited for you all to get home!
ReplyDeleteHow sweet and FUNNY that she slept on your head Mommy! I love that....off to read more!
ReplyDeleteI was laughing and crying at the same time. We are so happy for you. I'm glad she is feeling comfortable with you. Your family is so blessed.
ReplyDeleteThe Taylor's