We all were so happy to be home after our 26 hour trip home from China. Addison did very well on the flight home. It helped that she wasn't the only baby on the plane...there were several other families bringing their babies home from China. The 15+ plane ride wasn't that bad, but it is something I don't want to do anytime soon!!!
Bob and Nathan met us at the airport. He was a little late so we had to wait for him to bring the balloons. He was over the moon seeing her for the first time. Addison is very slowly warming up to Bob. She is okay when she wants to play with him, but she doesn't like him to hold her that much. She is pretty much Velcroed to my hip. When I am in the room it is me that she wants. She has been good to Nathan. He is really enjoying hearing her "talk" and laugh. She picked up and gave him some of the toys he dropped.
Addison really doesn't like the dogs. She screams every time they come around her. I guess like everything else it will take some time.
We take her to see the pediatrician tomorrow. It will be interesting to see how she does. We are really anxious to see the surgeon on the 13th of December.
I am putting some pics up from our last days in China and some of us at home. Thanks again for following our journey and all the great comments!!
A, I am soooo happy you are home safe and sound in AMERICA! I have been checking every day to see the blog and what is new! I am sure Addison will soon adjust to Daddy and the dogs too! I asked Bobby's pediatric dentist about Addison's cleft (he is on the cleft palate board of pediatrics) and he was very positive of what can be done in the US. We cannot wait to meet her! Can you send me her size so I can send a little outfit. Or please tell me what you all need. I am so excited to have an girl in the family:)) Love to all of you! Lucinda
ReplyDeleteOh!!! I can only imagine how Bob felt when he saw her for the first time! I'll bet he was over the moon! She is smiling sooo much! So, you see the Dr. on the 13th of December? Please let us know what he says and when the first repair will be done. She is just so sweet, and Nathan looked like he approved whole-heartedly of having a new little sister!! He is growing so much! She is beautiful, Nathan is beautiful and the four of you make a beautiful family. Gotta' go back and look the pictures some more. We are so glad you are home safe and sound where you are supposed to be.
ReplyDeleteGive both of the kids and each other hugs and kisses from us.
Love, Tillie and Bill
SOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! I love the pics of her and Nathan. How sweet that she is already getting his toys for him. SOOO SWEET! I love all the pretty outfits and I really loved the pics with her and Daddy. So sweet. I have been anxiously awaiting your update and I was so excited to see it here tonight!
ReplyDeleteOne more thing....I LOVE THAT PEOPLE WITH HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ARE NOT AVAILABLE AT THE POOL! HAHAHAHHAAAA
ReplyDeleteGlad you are back in US! What an awesome family! I have soooooo enjoyed watching this journey. Now you can let the real journey begin! I saw your mom this afternoon and I can only say the candy is pretty gross, except for the shiny wrapped ones, they are okay. Just on that fact I am happy Addison is here in America, where she can have delicious sweets. She is darling, lots of smiles that of course would melt her daddys heart. If I had a bigger house and money, I'd follow in your footsteps to add another, so you just better get ready in a year or so to save another! She is truly beautiful and I love how Bob & Nathan met you with balloons. Oh and the pink dresser with fancy drawer pulls, good she is officially spoiled! Take care, I know I'll keep posted through your mom, but I'll check back now and again to see any new pix.
ReplyDeleteAmy
Thank you for sharing your wonderful journey with us! We've been watching you since you have left and have loved every minute of it. What a wonderful thing to be thankful for this holiday season! What a happy family! We're so happy for y'all! Love, Lisa & Thor
ReplyDelete