Friday, November 9, 2007

Another Day in China





We have been in China now for nine days. We are enjoying our time, but we are ready to come home. We all miss our families and can't wait for Addison to meet Bob and Nathan. Addison continues to do well. She is getting much more comfortable with all of us, even my mom. Addison is all over the place. She is interested in EVERYTHING and just won't sit still....much different than Nathan. It is wonderful, but stressing at the same time. We are really going to have to baby proof our house when we get home.


Yesterday we visited a Buddhist Temple. Everyone was fascinated by the Americans adopting Chinese babies. Several people came up and smiled and took pictures with members of our group. One lady came up to Addison and started talking to her. The next minute the lady was crying...actually sobbing. We asked our guide what was going on and she said that the lady was so moved and happy that someone would adopt a child like Addison. The Chinese believe that our children are so lucky to be finding homes with Americans...especially those who have "special needs." However, we are the lucky ones. In the few short days Addison has been in our lives, she has brought us so much joy. It is amazing to see her experiencing so much for the first time. Her smile lights up the room.


I have posted some pictures from yesterday. I also posted a picture of some of the "items" available for dinner at the Chinese restaurant we ate at yesterday. Today is a lazy day. We don't have anything planned. I have a video of Addison walking around with her squeeky shoes, but i haven't quite figured out how to post it. I will keep working on it.

4 comments:

  1. Good morning! Although I suppose it's nighttime there...I want you all to know how much I look forward each day to seeing what has been happening with ya'll and with Addison. She seems to be adjusting quickly and learning to trust you and bonding with you. That is just so wonderful! There was never a doubt that she would love you and know that she was your daughter. Now, all that's left is for her to meet her Daddy and big brother and realize that she has a great big family who will never let anything bad happen to her and will love her for the rest of her life. She may be a little startled by her Daddy's size when she meets him, but when she finds out he's just a great big cupcake, she'll wrap him around her fingers and keep him there forever!! :o)

    Take care, and, and all of you...
    come home safely..

    Love to all, and please give Addison a kiss and a hug and tell her that Grandy and Pawpaw love her. Show her our picture, if you have one handy, so she'll know what we look like, and won't be scared when we get to meet her.

    Love, Tillie and Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi All,

    I can't wait each morning to see how you are all doing. Addison is absolutely adorable. She has the most beautiful eyes, I cannot wait to meet her. It looks like you are all doing well and I can imagine just want to get on that plane and come home. Love to you all. Lucinda, Jeff & Bobby

    ReplyDelete
  3. This entry made me smile AND gave me a huge lump in my throat at the same time.

    I was watching a documentary the other day on a set of baby girl conjoined twins. I forget what country they were originally from but they came to the US to have separation surgery. I VIVIDLY recall the mother saying how loving, accepting and caring the people in the USA were in contrast to their home country. That the girls were considered "freaks" where they were from and it was hard for them to go anywhere. The mother was BEYOND grateful that things are so different here.

    I am touched at the lady that saw you and Addison and cried. To you and I (and others ;-) A cleft lip and palate is no big deal. It is sooo fixable and Addison will grow up to live a happy normal life. What a blessing she is, I am so happy for you.

    I can't wait to see the whole family together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, daily I look forward to visiting your website and seeing how everything is going. Addison sure is precious and cute! What a wonderful experience. Thanks for allowing us to share in your joy. Bob, I can't imagine how this waiting must be for you! Hang in there, your girls will be home soon. Hugs to Nathan.
    Take Care, Mary Nelson

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following our journey!