Sunday, December 30, 2007

Merry Christmas - by Third Day

There's a little girl trembling on a cold December morn
Crying for momma's arms
At an orphanage just outside a little China town
There the forgotten are

But half a world away I hang the stockings by the fire
And dream about the day when I can finally call you mine

It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

As I hang the tinsel on the tree and watch the twinkling lights
I'm warmed by the fire's glow
Outside the children tumble in a wonderland of white,
Make angels in the snow

But half a world away you try your best to fight the tears
And hope that heaven's angels come to carry you here

It's Christmas time again but you're not home
Your family is here and yet you're somewhere else alone
And so tonight I pray that God will come and hold you in his arms
And tell you from my heart I wish you Merry Christmas

Christmas is a time to celebrate the holy child
and we celebrate his perfect gift of love
He came to earth to give his life
and prepare a place for us
so we could have a home with him above

It's Christmas time again and now you're home
Your family is here so you will never be alone
So tonight before you go to sleep, I'll hold you in my arms
And I'll tell you from my heart, and I'll you from my heart
I wish you Merry Christmas





We had a wonderful Christmas this year. Last year (and several years before) Bob and I longed to hold our another child in our arms. This year our dream came true. God couldn't have done a better job in choosing Addison to be our child. She is so full of love and life and Bob, Nathan and I look forward to spending the rest of our Christmas' with her.

5 comments:

  1. Okay that needed to come with a warning. I didnt even have any Kleenex handy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's after midnight and I couldn't sleep, so I checked the blog one more time to see if there was any updates of Christmas...
    that video is beautiful and now you have another person crying. Yup..you really need to put an advance "2 kleenex boxes of tissue required" warning on that video. It's just perfect, and she truly is a beautiful brown-eyed girl. Thank you so much for sharing that with the rest of us. Please give the kids hugs and kisses and show Addison our picture so she will know her Grandy and PawPaw. Tell them both we love them very much. We love you both also, but grandkids get top billing. :o)

    Tillie and Bill

    ps: give Sooner and Snuffles a belly rub from us also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adreanna -

    I'm not typically a weepy gal, but that video montage was absolutely the most moving thing I've seen in a long time! Wow!

    We all know our kids are gorgeous, but Addison's eyes just jump off the screen and amaze me with every picture! You better buy a big stick to help beat the boys off when she's a bit older!!

    I hope you had a great Christmas, a safe and happy New Year...and who knows what 2008 will bring?! Our kids will make sure that it's an interesting trip, for sure!!

    Hugs from Ohio!

    Teresa =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi A! I loved the montage, it was beautiful. The picture that I loved the most was where Addison had fallen asleep in her highchair with her cereal spread all over. It made me giggle thru tears of joy. Happy New Year!
    ~Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just came across your blog and wanted to tell you how beautiful your children are! We adopted our daughter from China almost a year ago, she also had cleft lip/palate.
    Happy New Year to your adorable family!
    www.jailynhope.blogspot.com

    Jodi Sue :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following our journey!