Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter! At least, I think it's Easter. Hard to tell what day it is. There were balloons in the lobby this morning, so we guessed it was a special occasion. And it's Sunday. My brain is frazzled.

Highlight of the "tours" so far has been visiting the Henan Provincial Museum. Wait a minute...that's been the only tour so far. Of course, the focus is the kiddos, but we're all getting stir crazy. These hotel rooms are tiny, and Caden is bouncing around like a pinball half the time. There isn't much to do, so nearly all of us jumped at the chance to get out and do something. And this something was pretty frickin' cool. But I'm a total nerd who loves museums...just ask A. She'll tell you. Absolutely HATED going to the Smithsonian with me when we were in DC...


The museum itself is set up like a pyramid, with the earliest stuff on the first floor, things getting "newer" as you go up. Everything's in Mandarin and English, except on the fourth floor, the top of the pyramid. There, everything's exclusively in Mandarin and focused on Chinese astronomy...and I'd swear I saw some artifacts that alluded to extraterrestrials.

Lots of pictures. Not a lot of commentary. Shaolin Temple tomorrow. I'm dreading the 2-hour bus ride each way (and inevitable poopy diaper(s) away from homebase that will entail), but I'm thinking it will be pretty cool.









2 comments:

  1. Happy Easter Monday...at least I believe it's Monday in China. Thanks for the updates. Sounds like Mr. Caden is keeping you hoppin'. Be safe and enjoy!
    Other SA Tarwaters

    ReplyDelete
  2. We still haven't learned how the dogs were saved from the table, Renee and I want to know.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following our journey!