Friday, April 15, 2011

And they are off.....

The taxi came and picked up Bob and Tillie at 5:30 this morning to get them to the airport. Yesterday we were all running around like chickens with our heads cut off. However, when they left this morning I think that they had everything they needed.....or at least they had the important stuff. I think they both were very excited and apprehensive about the trip but I know they will both do great!!!

Almost 12 hours later according to their flight status, they are about an hour outside of Tokyo, Japan. They have a three hour layover (praying for no earthquakes) and then about a three hour flight to Beijing. They will arrive in Beijing 8:50 Saturday night or about 7:50 Saturday morning for us - there is a 13 hour difference (if I calculated it correctly). As much as I wish I was on this trip with them - I am thankful that I didn't have to be in an airplane for that long:-)

Keep checking back over the next couple of days. Bob & Tillie will be visiting The Great Wall, Tiananmen Square and the Forbidden City while they are trying to get used to China and the new time. Wed. will be Gotcha Day for Caden. We are praying that Caden will receive Bob's love with an open heart. It is such a difficult time for the kiddos - everything they have known is being ripped away from them. We just hope that Caden will know that his father is a safe place for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for following our journey!