Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Spring is in the Air

Spring is all about new beginnings and new awakenings. That is exactly what Addison is experiencing with her new lip/nose. Everyday we are more and more amazed at the transformation of her face. It has been a week since the Dr. did his magic and we are so impressed, we can't begin to imagine how it will look in a month, six months or a year. She is thankfully healing very well, both emotionally and physically. She hasn't had the screaming events at night with this surgery. We think it has a little to do with her being more comfortable in our home. The other great news is that she is making more and more sounds. She mimics a lot of what we say, but still isn't able to enunciate. She has come a long way since she has been here.

I am posting a few pics from the DC Cherry Blossom Festival. They were taken on Sunday. Even since then the swelling on Addison's face has gone down and more goop has come off. We were happy to be able to take my mom, who is here helping out, to see the Blossoms. It has been one thing that she has always wanted to do.

Keep checking back for more pics. We see the surgeon on Friday and we are anxious to see what he has to say.








5 comments:

  1. Addison looks so good! She is so adorable with that new smile...I love it. I am so glad that she is doing better this time around. The sugery looks like it was a success and although we will miss her old smile, we are excited for the new one. Tell your mom "hello" from us-so glad you updated your blog. I look forward to more pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cherry blossoms are beautiful! but not as beautiful as that little girl!! They did amazing work!! Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adreanna,

    I can't believe how beautiful Addison looks - I almost didn't recognize her! The photo of the three generations of women is priceless. Keep hugging that baby; we're still thinking of you all as she continues to recover!

    Billie, Joe, Anna and Will

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of you look so great! Addison's repair looks fabulous. I am so excited for you guys. Thanks for sending pics of everybody. Can't wait to see you this summer :).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just stopping in to say hello! Addison's lip looks fantastic! Such pretty girls we have :) I'm so glad to hear things have improved at night too...

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following our journey!