Monday, April 28, 2008

This week in our quest to see all the sights here in DC, we went to the National Arboretum. For those who have never heard of an Arboretum (me being one of them) it is a living museum where trees, shrubs, and herbaceous plants are cultivated for scientific and educational purposes. Back in 1946-47 there were over 15,000 azalea bushes planted along a hill in the Arboretum. During the spring the whole side of the hill is ablaze with color. I think we saw the tail end of their blooming cycle and it had rained the night before - but it was still beautiful. They also had a bonsai garden where trees had been in "training" since 1795. Here are some pics:














The really exciting news is that last night Addison slept in her own room for the first time since her surgery in Jan!!! She only cried once and was able to go back to sleep on her own - YEAH!!! We are hoping that she will do the same again tonight.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to see that Nathan is feeling better. The kids look great and they are getting so big. I probably say that a lot, but it's true :). I miss you guys so much. I love coming to your site and looking at the pics over and over. Have you guys done a new family portrait?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah for Addison sleeping better! That's wonderful! Lily has her ureter surgery next Friday, we'll be in the hospital for several days, I updated her site, if you get a chance to check it out...

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following our journey!