Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Here are a couple of new pics of Addison. These were taken about three weeks after her repair. Everything seems to be falling into place.






Nathan is still sick. We took him back to the pulmonologist yesterday. Right now we think he is retaining a lot of fluid - so he got a lot of lasix to help him pee it off. He is a little better today, but still nowhere close to being back to his oldself. We have an appt. with his cardiologist just to make sure things are still good from the heart stand point.

We think Addison is going to end up being a Dr. or a nurse. She is too cute, she watches us and the nurses take care of Nathan - then she tries to help. At the Dr.'s office yesterday, anytime his pulse oximeter beeped, she ran over to see what it was saying. Then she would put her hand on Nathan's head and rub him. She loves playing with his stethascope and is always wanting to "listen" to people. She is very gentle and loving with everyone.

On Monday we learned that we will be staying here in VA for at least another year. There was a possiblity that we would be moving back to San Antonio, but it didn't work out. We are disappointed because it would have been a good move for Bob and we would have been closer to family. We are also okay with staying here....both Addison and Nathan have some good Drs. and really I wasn't sure I was ready to tackle another move.

6 comments:

  1. First of all i love the changes you have made to your blog. Second, Addison's looks incredible! The surgeon did an incredible job, of course when you have such a beautiful patient to work with it is easy to have such striking results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks wonderful! Glad the surgery is behind you guys! Sorry to hear you wont move closer to family...but enjoy the DC area...we miss it now that we are not there! We will keep Nathan in our prayers. Hope things improve for him.
    HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Addison looks amazing!! what a sweet baby!!
    Sorry to hear Nathan is sick, hopefully he will get back to his old self soon!!

    Shoot!!! I was so hoping you all would be coming back!! oh, well I need a vacation anyway do you mind if I come and see you??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Addison looks great!!! It is so exciting to see the changes in them isn't it. So sorry to hear that Nathan is still sick. We will be praying for you and for him.

    In Him,
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  5. Addison looks incredible! Oh she is so sweet. I hope Nathan gets better soon-keeping you in our prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Her repair is amazing. I am sad that you guys won't be back in SA yet, but I'm sure it will all work out. Keep us updated on how Nathan is doing. I can't wait to meet little Addison.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for following our journey!