I was hoping that we would have pics of our family before Addison's surgery tomorrow. We planned on taking some last minute shots, but Nathan decided to change that. He had been sick all last week. Well today at noon he started having difficulty breathing...bad enough to warrant a call to 911 and an ambulance ride to the ER. They did xrays, bloodwork, breathing treatments, etc. and determined he had pneumonia. After being there a few hours he started to perk up. Since we have a mini hospital at the house the Drs. allowed us to come home. He needs around the clock neb treatments and antibiotics, all stuff we can do here.
We are thankful that they allowed us to come home because I am not sure how we would have worked it out having two kids in two different hospitals spread across the city. So we hope Nathan does well tonight and that Bob and I will be at least semi-rested for tomorrow. Thankfully my mom is here and has been very helpful in watching Addison. She will be home with Nathan tomorrow ---- as well as Nathan's nurse. He will be in good hands.
Addison thankfully is very healthy and blissfully unaware of what is going to happen tomorrow. We think Nathan was jealous of all the attention and wanted to remind us that he is still here. So we ask for prayers for both our kids and the Drs. who will be working on Addison tomorrow.
I don't think Bob and I would know what to do without stress in our lives. I am sure after things settle down we will need a vacation!!
We will try to update everyone as soon as possible. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes.
hey guys! thanks for so faithfully posting updates. it makes me feel not so far away. i miss you guys so much. i hope nathan feels better soon. i'm sure he will get better faster being at home. i can't wait to hear how surgery went today and to see pictures. it's amazing how well they can fix the clefts now. talk to you soon.
ReplyDeleteAdreanna,
ReplyDeleteThis is Betsy! We adopted Miah (6) and our journeys overlapped in Hong Kong and Guangzhou. Bless you heart, you have your plate full! We will be praying for each of you.
Tell your mom I said hi! (We took that ferry ride together)
Betsy